Did you know that there are many places in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada that celebrate and honor all things patriotic year-round? From restaurants to displays to memorials, check out these places that celebrate America.
If you're looking for places to celebrate Independence Day this year, check out Fireworks & July 4th Celebrations Around Las Vegas!
America restaurant at New York-New York Hotel & Casino
- 3790 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Go on a culinary journey with food, wine and beer from coast to coast, all in one American setting. America also features a massive 90 x 20 foot map of the United States, highlighting America’s most iconic landmarks.
Dedication Walkway & Memorial Stone at Red Rock Canyon
- 1000 Scenic Loop Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89161
- This area originally just held a memorial stone for the victims of 9/11 and has expanded to become a beautiful memorial walkway dedicated to fallen heroes and other Americans whose lives were taken too soon.
- 603 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Dougie J's Café is a restaurant dedicated to the memory of Douglas J. Green. Green’s mother established it after he was killed in action serving his country in Afghanistan. SPC Green was in the 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry, whose unit was attacked by insurgents with RPGs (Rocket Propelled Grenades). Dougie J’s Cafe brings a one of a kind unique burger and sandwich café to Downtown Las Vegas. Fine ingredients and traditional methods are used to produce exceptional artisan burgers, sandwiches, desserts and coffee.
Freedom Park at Nellis Air Force Base
- Duffer Drive, Nellis AFB, NV 89191
- View military aircraft up close at this display at Nellis Air Force Base. Aircraft include an A-10 Warthog, F-4 Phantom II and many more.
- legion.org (not official website)
- 555 E Washington Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- This memorial sits on the grounds of the Grant Sawyer State Building and is a tribute to veterans from the Revolutionary War to the present.
Silent Heroes of the Cold War National Memorial at Mt. Charleston
- 2525 Kyle Canyon Rd, Mt Charleston, NV 89124
- The Silent Heroes of the Cold War National Memorial will honor those who served our country, especially those who served in secret, and those whose service required the ultimate sacrifice during the Cold War.
Southern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery
- 1900 Veterans Memorial Dr, Boulder City, NV 89005
- The Southern Nevada State Veterans Cemetery is located in Boulder City, Nevada which is approximately 26 miles from Las Vegas. The cemetery is located on 79 acres of land owned and maintained by the State of Nevada. The grounds are serene, peaceful and immaculately maintained. The cemetery serves as a place of rest and reflection where eligible veterans, their spouses and eligible dependents are remembered and honored in perpetuum.
Veterans Memorial Wall in Henderson
- 240 S Water St, Henderson, NV 89015
Born in America's defense during World War II, the City of Henderson continues to honor its war born heritage. On November 11, 1994, the City officials dedicated the only Veterans Memorial Wall in southern Nevada, honoring those that have fought for our country to protect the threads of freedom and democracy that are woven into the fabric of American patriotism.
Woodlawn Cemetery Veterans Memorial, Memorial Bench, & Civil War Memorial
- 1500 N Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Created in 1914, Woodlawn Cemetery is the oldest cemetery in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and managed by the City of Las Vegas. The cemetery has interred veterans from all wars dating back to the Civil War. Veterans Memorial Circle was originally established on Armistice Day in 1939 and has had additional markers and stones placed ever since.