The holiday season is here and that means a lot of people are planning travel. Nobody wants to have to deal with getting to their destination without their bags, and it turns out there’s a better chance of that happening with some airlines and airports rather than others.
A new study by Price4Limo is out revealing the worst airlines and airports for lost luggage this year. Overall, 55% of people say they’ve had an airline lose their luggage at one time or another, with only 34% getting them back. This could be why 78% of people are worried about checking bags.
When it comes to national airlines, American Airlines was guilty of losing the most luggage this year, about 850 per 100,000 pieces of luggage. Southwest lost the least of the major airlines, just 380 per 100,000.
Top 5 National Airlines With The Most Lost Luggage in 2022
American (850 per 100,000)
JetBlue (670 per 100,000)
Alaska (640 per 100,000)
United (620 per 100,000)
Delta (540 per 100,000)
As for airports, Chicago O’Hare lost the most luggage, but our own Harry Reid International Airport ranked a close second.
Airports With The Most Lost Luggage This Year
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Harry Reid International Airport (Las Vegas)
- San Diego International Airport
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Las Angeles International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Tampa International Airport
You can check out the full list here: Price4Limo