Do you have items like old computers, cell phones, or TVs that you're not sure what to do with? We have a suggestion! 8 News Now and Subaru of Las Vegas are hosting their 8th Annual Super Recycle event on January 26th, from 8:00am to 2:00pm at the Thomas & Mack parking lot. Document shredding and the proper disposal of expired pills will also be available, free of charge. Goodwill of Southern Nevada will be collecting household items that you no longer want and Spread the Word Nevada will collect children's books.
Here is a list from 8 News Now's website of all the items that will be accepted:
Blind Center of Nevada will help destroy FREE of charge the following items:
- Cell Phones
- CRT Monitors ($30 fee)
- LCD Monitors
- Power supplies
- Hard drives
- Fax Machines
- Cable Wires
- Flat Screen Television ($20)
- Televisions ($20 fee)
- Gaming Systems (Nintendo, Play Stations, X Boxes…)
ITEMS THAT WILL YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR
- Flat Screen Televisions (any size) ($20-$30 each)
- CRT monitors $30 each
- Hard Drive Data Destruction Certificate ($10 each) Will be mailed to client within one week after recycling event.
In addition, Goodwill of Southern Nevada will be collecting:
- Shoes & Boots
- Purses, Jewelry & Accessories
- CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, Video Games
- Games & Toys
- Housewares, including Dishes and Glassware
- Home & Holiday Decor
- Musical Instruments
- Sporting Goods
- Framed Art & Collectibles
- Small Appliances, including kitchen electronics
Clean out your medicine cabinet as Care Coalition will be collecting unused or expired medication.
Republic Services will be accepting commingled recyclables.New and gently used CHILDREN books will be collected by Spread the Word Nevada. Finally, up to four boxes, or bags, of documents can be shredded for free, courtesy of Shred-It.
The following items cannot be accepted: paint, oil, hazardous material, big screen or tube style TV's or any type of mattress. All items can be taken to the Republic Services Facility at 315 West Cheyenne Avenue, North Las Vegas, NV 89030.