The Las Vegas valley is under an excessive heat warning until Thursday at 9:00pm, with temperatures predicted to be well over 110°F. During times like this, it's essential that you take certain measures to stay cool.
- Stay indoors (with air conditioning)
- If you do not have good air conditioning at home, head to your local library, mall, movie theater, community center, etc.
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid drinks with alcohol, sugar, or caffeine, as they can cause dehydration
- NEVER leave children or pets in vehicles
- Wear sunscreen and stay in the shade as much as possible if you need to go outside
- Wear light-colored clothing and breathable fabrics
- Check on elderly family, friends or neighbors
- Learn the signs of (and watch out for) heat exhaustion and heat stroke - call 911 if needed
- Keep pets indoors and off hot pavement/sidewalks
If you can, find someplace to #StayCool this week! Beginning today, an #ExcessiveHeat Warning in effect for the #Vegas forecast area. #nvwx #cawx #azwx #HeatRisk #BeatTheHeat pic.twitter.com/CrfXmCqycO— NWS Las Vegas (@NWSVegas) July 24, 2018