May 9th is National Moscato Day! This sweet wine is one of the most popular in the U.S. and can be paired with a variety of food, including spicy foods like curries, cured meats like prosciutto, and fruity or vanilla desserts. There are many places along the Strip that are great places to have a glass of wine, but do you know where to go off the Strip? Are you looking for locally-owned places to support? We have a few suggestions!
- Get a group of friends together and create your own personalized wine! Each barrel will yield 240 bottles of customized wine.
- 7360 Eastgate Rd #125, Henderson, NV 89011
Grape Street Cafe, Wine Bar & Cellar
- A 19-year staple in food and wine, located in the Summerlin area (moved to a larger location in Downtown Summerlin after many years on Lake Mead Ave. Grape Vine is now located in Grape Street's old location).
- 2120 Festival Plaza Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89135
Khoury’s Fine Wine and Spirits
- Not only shop for wine, but try some while you shop! Eight wines are offered by the glass and 11 beers are on tap for you to enjoy while making your selections. Weekly wine tastings are also offered.
- 9915 S Eastern Ave #110, Las Vegas, NV 89183
Marché Bacchus, French Bistro and Wine Shop
- Enjoy water views while enjoying a glass of wine, then peruse their wine shop!
- 2620 Regatta Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89128
- Locally-owned place to get hard-to-find wines, artisan cheeses, wine accessories and more!
- 1570 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #140, Henderson, NV 89012
- Las Vegas' first and only winery, where you can sample locally made wine in the Tasting Room and Wine Lounge.
- 7360 Eastgate Rd Ste #123, Henderson, NV 89011
- If you think this is only an upscale butcher, you're missing out on their wine selection and well as wine tastings!
- 5025 S Eastern Ave #23, Las Vegas, NV 89119
If you're willing to take a short drive:
- Enjoy a free wine tasting of 7 of their wines. Dine in their Symphony's Restaurant, which has been voted "Best Restaurant" 3 years in a row from Nevada Magazine.
- 3810 Winery Rd, Pahrump, NV 89048
If you need more tips on enjoying Moscato, check out this article from Food & Wine: